10:25 Wednesday 09 May 2018 JST
I am in the middle of making the marble splitter work for small
The manager has just glued one rail into place and will glue the inner
Next, the manager will:
- glue inner rail for small track
- test the too small marble (which will fail)
- eject too small marble
- test a correctly-sized small marble
At the same time, Reversable Guy (RG) will place the other splitter
top rail. Only problem is holding it in place before there are
supports for it.
Reversable Guy will:
- Lift the rail
- Get help from Pinky
- Call in some brown worms to act as supports
- Have Green Cutter(*) cut support
pieces to size and glue them in place.
- help RG with the rail
- install some kind of berm for the large marble
Square head guy will:
- come back with the large marble
- help Pinky with the berm OR/and
- push the large marble up the ramp
(*) He is Green Cutter for no reason other than he is completely
green, and he is the cutter. There are no other cutters (yet) on the
Other things to be done:
- add berm to catch small marbles (near same place as the berm Pink
- add curved rail which will guide medium sized marble off the
- add small marble track extending clockwise from top of the three-way splitter
- using curvable bamboo skewers, add medium+large marble track extending the other way from top of the
- carefully measure the circumfrence of the stage and calculate the
slope of the outer upper curved track so it will be just the right
height when it loops all the way around.
- low-key add some ramps within the inside track which will double as
holders for this outer track.
After writing the above, I think I should create a removable ring
track to be a stand-in for the actual track. That way the inner track
will know exactly how high/low it needs to be a different places.
And now I think I am about ready to get a domain specifically for
this project. Not sure how to have Hugo grab exactly one set of tags
to make entries though. Is it too much trouble to maintain two
different sets of entries? Can I do hardlinks in OS X?